12 Whole30 Snacks Ideas
Tasty and transportable goodies to go.
The Whole30 program can be hard, especially when you get hit with cravings for non-compliant snacks. Don’t drop the diet for a donut! Maintain your streak by having healthy Whole30 approved treats on hand. Here are our 12 ideas for Whole30 snacks to keep you off the crackers and cheese.
Snack not going to cut it? Need something more meaningful than a mini-meal? Make the Whole30 a whole lot easier and order Whole30 meal delivery from Farm to Fit! Our Whole30 plan is made from all natural whole-foods, no processed anything. You’ll get as many delicious ready-to-eat meals as you like sent straight to your door.
What is the Whole30 Plan?
The Whole30 plan focuses on re-establishing our relationship with nutrition by cutting out processed foods, grains, legumes, dairy, sugar, and alcohol for a period of thirty days. Much like the paleo diet, there is an emphasis on eating unprocessed meats, eggs, nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, and healthy oils.
Can I snack on the Whole30?
Now, yes, if we’re getting technical, Whole30 recommends against regular snacking. It’s not a hard and fast rule, though, more like a guideline. Remember that the Whole30 is all about breaking habits and patterns, though, so make sure not to rely too much on snacking throughout the day. Early in the Whole30 you may have trouble sizing meals or coping with cravings, so stocking up on Whole30 compliant snacks can be integral.
Emergency snack attacks happen, and it’s way better to be prepared than to give up. If you’re anything like us, though, you need some variety when it comes to snacks. We set out and curated 12 of our favorite Whole30 snacks ideas. Bonus? These are all great goodies for on-the-go snacking as well!
The 12 Best Whole30 Snacks Ideas
- Seaweed crisps — Light, crunchy, and well-seasoned seaweed crisps make for great craving killers. If you’re buying from a store, make sure they’re roasted in olive oil or another compliant oil.
- Guac and carrot/plantain chips — While corn chips may be out, guac is still in! Whether you’re dipping carrot chips or raw veggies, it makes for a snack full of good fats.
- Dried fruit — A classic hiking snack, dried fruit can still be pretty sugary, so don’t go overboard.
- Apple/melon with prosciutto — Meat and melon might sound strange, but the salty and sweet flavor pairing of prosciutto and fruit is something you need to taste to believe.
- Ants on a log (with almond butter) — Make Whole30 snacking more fun! Celery, nut butter, and raisins make for a crunchy, gooey, Whole30 compliant snack.
- Hard-boiled eggs — Protein packed and low-carb, a hardboiled egg can be the perfect snack to satisfy your cravings in even the most trying times.
- Lettuce and turkey wrap — Roll up a slice of turkey in a leaf of lettuce with a little mustard. Perfect for those Whole30 practitioners who are hurting for sandwiches.
- Pumpkin Seeds — It doesn’t need to be fall to enjoy pumpkin seeds. Salty and fiber packed, these heart-healthy snacks are easy to find!
- Nuts — Toasted, roasted, or raw, we love a handful of mixed nuts. Just no peanuts, because they’re legumes and not allowed on the Whole30 plan.
- Olives — A handful of olives is a savory solution to snacking that gives you beneficial antioxidants and healthy fats. Double check the label to make sure there are no added sugars, gluten, or dairy.
- Whole30 Ranch and veggie sticks — There are plenty of easy recipes for Whole30 ranch dressing out there, as well as a number of name-brand products you can get a hold of. Great for spring get-togethers!
- Beef Sticks — These can be total junk sometimes, so make sure that you’re buying a brand that uses only beef, salt, and seasoning.
If you’re feeling like you can’t make it to dinner without losing your mind, reach out for one of these Whole30 snacks as a lifeline. Whole30 is a tough health plan, but stick to it and you may just re-discover your relationship with food!