Top 10 Low-Calorie Holiday Cookies
It's no secret that the holiday season, like no other time of the year, can throw a wrench in healthy diet goals. From decadent dinners to sweets galore, this season is not always friendly to those trying to count calories, or otherwise stay in shape.
Is it possible to have it both ways, enjoying all that the holiday season has to offer while remaining healthy? Definitely. One way to achieve this goal is to take matters into your own hands when it comes to the notorious holiday cookies. We've pulled some of our favorite recipes from blogs for low-calorie holiday cookies. Go ahead and indulge!
- Pumpkin Stuffed Chocolate Cookies. Chocolate cookies filled with gooey pumpkin goodness, these treats are 75 calories each. Get the recipe here.
- Skinny Christmas Sugar Cookies. Made with butter extract instead of the real thing, these sugar cookies taste buttery but won't cause you to pack on the pounds. Get the recipe here.
- Gingerbread Cookies. These traditional cookies have less than half the fat of most gingerbread cookies. Get the recipe here.
- Paleo Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Nothing says holidays like the combination of mint and chocolate, and these goodies are paleo to boot. Get the recipe here.
- Coconut & Goji No-Bake Raw Cookies. Antioxidant power in a holiday cookie? You betcha. Get the recipe here.
- Keto Lemon Bars. With fresh lemon juice, these keto cookies will add some vitamin C goodness to your winter. Get the recipe here.
- Snickerdoodle Creme Cookies. These treats have 2g net carbs and are sugar free. Get the recipe here.
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies. These cookies are 70 calories each and make use of heart healthy quinoa. Get the recipe here.
- Coconut Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies. Key ingredients in these goodies are mashed sweet potato and coconut flour. Get the recipe here.
- Raspberry Coconut Thumbprint Cookies. Paleo and gluten free, these cookies feature fresh raspberries and chia seeds. Get the recipe here.