The Best (Whole30 Approved) Deviled Eggs
It can be easy to indulge over the holidays when surrounded by family and friends — and you should! But why not make something delicious that is also aligned with your health goals?
These deviled eggs are delicious and filling, but light enough that you won’t be thinking “ugh why did I eat that” on Monday morning after a holiday weekend. Plus, they are perfectly on-brand for whatever Easter egg hunt you are headed to!
- 10 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup + 1tbsp Whole30 mayo (can sub greek yogurt for more protein)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon pickle juice (trust me, it’s delicious)(can sub for white vinegar)
- Garnish: chives, dill, paprika
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place them in a separate bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl with yolks and mash together with a fork until mixture is creamy.
- Fill each empty egg white “cup” with yolk mixture.
- If desired, garnish with chives, dill, or paprika.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
Now don’t get me wrong, definitely have an Easter chocolate (we recommend dark chocolate for it’s benefits) if you please! But by reaching for these lighter, nutrient-dense snacks first, your craving for one of those aweets will be much lower. Enjoy!