Thanksgiving Desserts in a Pinch!
Are you short on time because your in-laws decided to have Thanksgiving with you at the last minute? We can totally relate! But that doesn’t mean you’re not going to go all out for your family – even on a time crunch.
Here are two easy Thanksgiving deserts you can whip up in a flash, no stress needed!
Banana Split Bites
You will need: 3 ripe bananas, maraschino cherries, sprinkles, one container of cool whip (can be dairy free), and a melting chocolate (can be sugar free). These are a hit at the kids table, too!
- Peel and cut bananas into 2 ½ inch pieces.
- Put chocolate in microwave safe bowl, melt for 90 seconds (Stirring every 30 seconds)
- Dunk bananas in melted chocolate, roll in sprinkles, top with cool whip and a cherry.
- For best results, freeze for 20 minutes before serving.
Baked Pears with Walnut Oat Crumble
You will need: 2 medium/large pears (ripe, but firm), 1/2 golden cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup old fashion oats, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt, and 4 tbsp room temp butter.
Optional to serve: Vanilla Ice Cream (can be dairy-free) or greek yogurt (great for extra protein)
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Cut your pears in half long ways and use a spoon or ice cream scooper to remove the seeds and some of the flesh.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Once combined, add butter and mix with fingertips to create a crumble texture.
- Stuff pears and place on baking sheet (stuffed side up). Poor 5-6 tbsps of water into the baking sheet to keep pears from burning. Bake 35-45 minutes or until pears have softened (will depend on pear size).
- Serve alone or with ice cream/greek yogurt and enjoy! Best served warm.