Should you be eating an anti-inflammatory diet?
An anti-inflammatory diet works with your body to help reduce chronic low levels of inflammation that may increase risks of some chronic diseases.
But how does this diet plan work? Anti-inflammatory diets are focused on foods with healthy antioxidants, and other immune-boosting compounds that focus on fighting inflammation in our bodies.
Did you know there are probably foods in your daily diet that are causing inflammation? Things like dairy, sugar, red meat, and alcohol! Inflammation in your diet can be caused by foods like this that have high levels of fat and sugar and it can trigger our bodies natural response.
Do you think the Anti-inflammatory diet would be a good fit for you? There’s no time like the present to give it a try! We always want to make sure you’re making smart choices for your personal health, so do your research before you start your anti-inflammatory journey!
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cm piece of fresh turmeric root
- 3 cm piece of fresh ginger root
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Peel and grate the turmeric root and ginger root.
2. In a saucepan, add half the water. Stir in the turmeric and ginger, black pepper, honey, cinnamon, salt, and coconut oil. Cook and stir the mixture over a medium flame until you start to see small bubbles around the edge of the saucepan. This should take 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Let the mixture cook and slowly add small amounts of the remaining water. Keep stirring until mixture forms a paste, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to a glass container. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Store in a glass jar and refrigerate. It should last two to three weeks.