Keto-Friendly Pumpkin Seeds
Don't throw away those seeds after carving your Halloween pumpkins 🎃 Instead make one of these keto-friendly pumpkin seed recipes that are better than any other trick or treat snack!
Salty: Everything Roasted Keto Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of everything bagel spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse your pumpkin seeds and dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are free of pumpkin pulp and are well dried before mixing with oil.
- Mix the oil, spices and pumpkin seeds in a bowl.
- Place the seeds on a sprayed, rimmed baking sheet or on parchment paper and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the seeds are crispy brown. Check every so often as different size seeds may brown quicker and you don't want them to burn. Let them cool and enjoy!
Sweet: Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Seeds.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of keto-friendly sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the keto-friendly sweetener, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix them together until well combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Toss the sunflower seeds into the bowl and stir them well to coat the seeds evenly with the mixture, and then spread them in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the seeds in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and fragrant. Make sure to stir the seeds occasionally to ensure even roasting and to prevent burning.
- Remove the seeds from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet. They will become crunchier as they cool down. Enjoy!
Between costumes, trick or treating, and Halloween parties, don't give yourself one more thing to worry about. Let us help you stay fueled and energized all week long! Happy Halloween!