High Protein Cast Iron Pizza
Who doesn’t love a fresh handmade pizza, but who has the time? Luckily this one just takes 30 minutes from dough to done! Not to mention the delicious Greek Yogurt crust that boosts the protein and keeps you fuller longer. You can also make this recipe gluten free with just one easy swap. Here's the recipe:
Things you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (can sub gluten-free flour)
- 1 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce
- ½ Cup Mozzarella
- ¼ Cup Shredded Parmesan Reggiano
- 12” Cast iron
- Pizza toppings (optional — but we love veggies on our pizza!)
- Preheat oven to 475F. Heat your cast iron skillet (12”) on medium-low heat.
- While skillet and oven are heating up: Mix flour, salt, and garlic together in a bowl. Once dry ingredients are combined, add in your Greek yogurt. Knead the dough with your hands to bring everything together into a ball. Place dough into your (already oiled) skillet. Use your hands to press outward from the center to create thicker edges for your crust.
- Use your hands to press outward from the center of the dough, creating thicker edges for the crust than in the center. Be careful not to stretch the center too thin and create holes.
- Bake crust for 3 minutes, add a layer of cheese to dough (this creates a barrier between sauce and dough) bake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add layer of sauce, then top with remaining cheese (and optional toppings).
- Place skillet back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted, and crust is golden brown.
**Pro tip - Let pizza cool before slicing because your pan will be extremely hot! Tag us in your cast iron creation if you decide to make the pizza!