5 Foods for Brain Health
Your brain is kind of a big deal! As the control center of your body, it’s in charge of keeping your heart beating, lungs breathing, and allowing you to move, feel, and think. That’s why it's important to eat certain foods to help keep your brain in peak working condition!
Here are 5 foods you should start incorporating into your diet to keep your brain healthy & functioning:
- Fatty Fish - salmon, trout, albacore tuna, herring, and sardines, all of which are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Blueberries - Blueberries deliver anthocyanins, a group of plant compounds with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Turmeric - Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, has been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier, meaning it can directly enter the brain and benefit the cells there.
- Pumpkin Seeds - Pumpkin seeds contain powerful antioxidants that protect the body and brain from free-radical damage. They’re also an excellent source of magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper
- Dark Chocolate - Dark chocolate and cocoa powder are packed with a few brain-boosting compounds, including flavonoids, caffeine, and antioxidants.