Welcome to Farm to Fit Friday! We’ll be the first to admit that dieting is hard. Cutting back calories is like cutting back on oxygen. Okay, maybe that was dramatic. But it’s like the white elephant in the room, you know? As soon as I get it in my head that I can’t have something, it’s really all I want. What do you mean I can’t have chips? Or chocolate? Who could live like that? Well, everyone, but who would want to? 😉
We’ve learned, though, that snacking isn’t the problem as much as overeating is. Diets, like most things in life, are all about balance. A little control here, and a little reward there. If you’re finding that 1200 calories just isn’t cutting it, we dug up this list of 50 scrumptious (and healthy) snacks from Self Magazine or a list of light and yummy afternoon snacks from our friends at Health Ambition to help get you through the day without sprinkling on the guilt.
Our savory favorites include:
- Almonds, which contain Vitamin E and help your body burn fat.
- A small portion of hummus and carrots can be a lean step from the usual ranch dressing.
- Home-baked rosemary potato chips (only 80 cals).
And to satisfy those sweet cravings:
- Plain yogurt with berries will help maintain your blood sugar and store less fat.
- 10 strawberries rolled in powdered sugar (just 71 delicious cals).
- Dip fresh apple slices in a light caramel topping for a sweet crunch.
The moral of the story, folks, is that you don’t have to deprive yourself of all the tasty treats life has to offer. You can just revamp them into a lighter, but equally flavorful, snack and approach them in moderation (which is another conversation entirely). Snack well, you fantastic Farm to Fitters.