March 12, 2020
To Our Clients,
We are very aware that there is growing concern about COVID-19 and we want to let you know about the steps we are taking to help protect our community and our team.
We realize that now, more than ever, Farm to Fit can serve as a relief for our clients; we want to assure you we are taking a diligent and proactive approach to addressing concerns, so we can deliver on our mission of delicious and reliable meals.
Farm to Fit is regulated by the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA), which requires us to maintain very high cleanliness and health standards, to ensure the safety of our clients, every day. Our written and approved Standard Sanitization Operating Procedure includes frequent facility sanitization, handwashing, illness protocols, and protective gear, among many other systems.
We are also taking increased measures to protect our community with the following actions:
- Implementing an additional layer of cleaning of our facility every day.
- Adding extra hand-sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- Always, and especially now, all team members who are ill (or who have a family member who are ill) are asked to stay home. We DO offer sick leave to all of our team members.
- Providing latex gloves for each of our drivers to use in transporting cooler bags to and from homes.
- Cleaning each cooler bag that we deliver and pick up with food safe, industrial grade sanitizer.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all ice-packs in an industrial high temp dishwasher.
- We have developed and set in place a preparedness plan for our team, to ready ourselves for any potential spread of the virus within the community.
- We are checking all daily updates from the CDC and updating our processes accordingly.
In addition, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently announced that there have been no reports that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted through food or food packaging. In general, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging that are delivered at ambient or refrigerated temperatures.
What you can do:
- If you are concerned about transmission, if you or someone you have been in contact with, has symptoms of the virus, we ask you email us to ask for alternate delivery protocols. Of course, we will continue to deliver your meals to you! We will modify delivery protocols to continue our service.
- We are asking that our clients not return their black food containers back to us in their cooler bags.
We are monitoring this developing situation closely, staying in regular contact with federal and local agencies, health organizations, and are taking effective steps that are informed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local government safety recommendations. As this situation evolves, we will communicate consistently and clearly.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and wish you all health and wellness,
Dré Slaman & G. Scott Brown