March 27, 2020
To Our Clients,
In light of Governor Brown’s Executive Order, we are deemed an essential business (we think so too!) so we are pleased to continue serving our community during this time.
We realize that now, more than ever, Farm to Fit can serve as a relief for our clients; we want to assure you we are taking a diligent and proactive approach to addressing concerns, so we can deliver on our mission of delicious and reliable meals.
We sent you an email last week informing you of the increased measures we were taking to protect our team and community. We have added additional protocols for social distancing within our operation that we wanted to share:
- Staggered team schedules to ensure that a 6′ minimum distance can be kept among on-shift team members at all times, and not more than 10 people working at a time.
- Relocated workstations to other parts of our building to ensure safe distances.
- All staff meetings are done via conference call or, when necessary, outside where a 6′ distance can be kept.
- Indicators have been installed on our floors to indicate 6′ distances.
- We have a designated an on-site representative to ensure all protocols are being met at all times.
In addition, Farm to Fit is regulated by the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA), which requires us to maintain very high cleanliness and health standards, to ensure the safety of our clients, every day. Our written and approved Standard Sanitization Operating Procedure includes frequent facility sanitization, handwashing, illness protocols, and protective gear, among many other systems.
We are also taking increased measures to protect our community with the following actions:
- Implementing two additional layers of cleaning of our facility every day.
- Adding extra hand-sanitizing stations throughout our facilities, especially at entry points.
- Always, and especially now, all team members who are ill (or who have a family member who are ill) are asked to stay home. We DO offer sick leave to all of our team members.
- Providing latex gloves for each of our drivers to use in transporting cooler bags to and from homes.
- Cleaning each cooler bag that we deliver and pick up with food safe, industrial grade sanitizer.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all ice-packs in an industrial high temp dishwasher.
- We have developed and set in place a preparedness plan for our team, to ready ourselves for any potential spread of the virus within the community.
- We are checking all daily updates from the CDC and updating our processes accordingly.
In addition, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently announced that there have been no reports that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted through food or food packaging. In general, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging that are delivered at ambient or refrigerated temperatures.
What you can do:
- If you are concerned about transmission, if you or someone you have been in contact with, has symptoms of the virus, we ask you email us to ask for alternate delivery protocols. Of course, we will continue to deliver your meals to you! We will modify delivery protocols to continue our service.
- We are asking that our clients not return their black food containers back to us in their cooler bags.
We are monitoring this developing situation closely, staying in regular contact with federal and local agencies, health organizations, and are taking effective steps that are informed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local government safety recommendations. As this situation evolves, we will communicate consistently and clearly.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and wish you all health and wellness,
Dré Slaman & G. Scott Brown